MEdit is a simple yet powerful ground level MIDI editor that allows you to create, edit, and play .mid files. Using MEdit, you can easily modify any aspect of the MIDI events in a composition, such as notes, pitch bends, and controller values.
- Unlimited tracks – Actually, like all other MIDI sequencers claiming this, a MEdit composition is limited by the memory and processing power of your computer, but it can easily handle hundreds of tracks, and can theoretically utilize tens of millions before the system limitations of today’s computers becomes an issue.
- Time Signatures – When inserted, any following time signatures are moved to logical measure boundaries.
- Repeats – Want to create a repetitive beat phrase? Or a longer musical series? No problem! Non-measure repeats can be also be used.
- Simple multi-device latency solution – Latency is settable on a device-by-device basis in MEdit, allowing you to ‘set-it-and-forget-it’, and never again deal with latency issues when simultaneously using multiple devices.
- Powerful recording abilities – MEdit allows you to record from MIDI keyboards and re-map that input to any playable device, to take advantage of all the sounds available to you. You can even record from multiple keyboards on different devices simultaneously, and all the MIDI events will automatically be adjusted for differing device latencies, so they sound at the correct time when played back.
- Usage of the GM instrument set – MEdit can take advantage of the Roland GM instrument set on internal software synthesizers that support the GM instrument set.
- Ease of use – MEdit features a powerful and easy-to-use copy/paste mechanism, full undo/redo capabilities, context-sensitive help, an intuitive, uncluttered interface, and more.
MEdit requires Microsoft’s DirectX version 9.0 or greater. DirectX 9 ships with Windows XP and above.
Try MEdit free for 30 days!
For a video overviewing MEdit’s capabilities, click here.